IR Configuration Problems

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

IR Configuration Problems

Post by Circe640 »

I have configured a series of IR devices in the IR Device configuration.

I have gone back and forth several times as a few times the .ddf file seemed to be wiped.

Then I went through and created devices in the main housebot environment. Had to do a few iterations of this to get things set up but I now have the following error

'Unable to find stock device with name [Cable Tuner] and device description [Cable Tuner] This IR device had been deleted and replaced with a definition called cable.

This is happening for 3 devices and the system recognises the replacements everywhere but in the Hardware Interfaces/ IR transceiver and as a result I can't see the IR codes for the devices in order to test them.

How do I repair????
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It sounds like you had successfully created a Device called "Cable Tuner" and then somehow deleted the Device Definition for it.

Try this:
  1. Create another Device Definition called "Cable Tuner".
  2. Give it at lease one Property.
  3. Save the DDF and restart HouseBot.
  4. The error should go away and you should now have a "Cable Tuner" Device.
  5. Now that the Device is visible, you can delete it.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Re-adding and deleting worked

Post by Circe640 »

Followed your instructions and was able to clear the problem.

Thank You!

One question left. I have imported a Pronto XML file for my Outlaw PrePro.

It shows in the remote control library with all the codes but it is not associated with the Outlaw IR device under the IR Transceiver section. How do I associate an imported set of codes to a particular IR Transceiver device. Without this association, the remote does not show in the picklist on the Device IR codes tab.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Once the codes have been imported, your next step is to associate the codes with a Devices' Property Values. This is done by clicking on the various Properties of a Device (the Device must be an IR Device type) and selecting the "IR Codes" tab. All of the codes in the library should be shown in the "IR Codes" list on this tab. You will need to manually associate the codes to each of the Property Values.

Since the codes were not learned by the USB uirt (they were imported), they will not show up in the IR Configuration for that Hardware Interface. If you really want them to show up in that list too, I can give you instructions on how to change the IR Codes in the database.

Scott