Problems with USBUIRT and Outlaw Audio 950 Remote

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Problems with USBUIRT and Outlaw Audio 950 Remote

Post by Circe640 »

I have had no problems loading 4 different remotes tonight and then I hit the Outlaw Audio 950 remote which I believe is a Theater Master. I get 50% through the learning process and then the learning stops even though the led on the USB-URIT continues to flash. I tried seting the repeats to 1 but it is still the same thing.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Make sure you are running the latest firmware (5.4) in the UIRT and have the latest API driver ( uuirtdrv.dll - ver 2.5.8 ). You can download these from the support web site.

Beyond that, your best bet is to go directly to Jon Rhees for support at his web site.

Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Can I paste from a Pronto config and use with USB-URIT

Post by Circe640 »

I have found two Pronto ccf files for the Outlaw 950 and can load them into Tonto or ProntoEdit and copy and paste into the Pronto Data window BUT I thought from reading the docs that I can't use the Pronto format codes with USB-URIT only with the Ocelot
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Great!

The HouseBot help does talk about using Pronto codes. Was it somewhere in that help that is misleading, or did you read it somewhere else?

Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Pronto Codes

Post by Circe640 »

Pronto Code Form shows on IR device setup when using USB - URIT. One would assume that you can paste Pronto Codes in here and use them. However in the section on 'Loading Pronto XML' there is a foornote that says 'Using Pronto codes is dependent on the HArdware Interface......Currently only the ADI OCelot supports Pronto code conversions' Does this mean I can cut and paste Pronto Hex with the USB-UIRT but I cannot load Pronto XML ???
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Pronto Codes

Post by ScottBot »

Circe640 wrote:However in the section on 'Loading Pronto XML' there is a foornote that says 'Using Pronto codes is dependent on the HArdware Interface......Currently only the ADI OCelot supports Pronto code conversions'
This is out of date. There are now several hardware interfaces that support Pronto Codes. Thanks for the pointer, I'll update the docs.

Loading the Pronto Codes from the CCF/XML file will populate the "Remote Control Library" with the selected codes. These codes CAN be used by the USB-UIRT (or any other hardware interface that supports Pronto codes).

Scott