Changes in "Program Options" don't stay

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
PRIME

Changes in "Program Options" don't stay

Post by PRIME »

For some reason the program won't accept any changes I make under the Settings ---> Program Options.

I change the value (say "Minimize to Tray" or "Snap to Grid" or "Device Replicating Port") and click OK, but when I go back into the Options, all changes are back to the original value.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

- John
=====================

Trust is good but control is better...
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

John,

Does the user that you are logged in under have Administrative privileges on the machine?

These settings are saved the Registry, so it's possible that the values are not being saved due to insufficient privileges.

Scott
PRIME

Post by PRIME »

Hi Scott,

Yes I am logged in as a user belonging to the Administrator group. Funny thing is though, that I can go into regedit, and change them manually. And then go back into the Program Options, and the values I entered into regedit are there. So at least I have this last-resort option. But I can't change them through Program Options. I am running Windows 2000 Pro, and HouseBot v1.50.

It's not that big a deal Scott. I don't want to waste your time. I can use regedit for now, maybe until the next release or something.

I'd much rather see your time spent on the features that I posted in the Feature Request Forum :wink:

This is a minor problem, with the above work-around. At least I'm not stuck. Besides, I'm not going to be changing the Program Options every day.

Thanks a bunch,

- John
=====================

ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

John,

I just look into it and it is indeed a bug. I changed that dialog to a property sheet on the last release and apparently broke something.

I'll release an update later this week (hopefully) with a fix.

Thanks for the info,

Scott
PRIME

Post by PRIME »

Hi Scott,

That's great. Hope it won't be too much trouble. It's not a show-stopper anyway. The software still rocks !!

Thanks again,

- John
=====================

ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

John,

I've fixed the Program Options problem in version 1.51. You can download it from the site now.

Scott
PRIME

Post by PRIME »

Awesome. Thanks Scott.

Can it be installed just on top of the current version and maintain all the configs ?

Thanks again,

- John
=====================

ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

With all new versions you can simply re-install over the old version. It would kill me if I had to re-configure my own system :wink:

Scott
PRIME

Post by PRIME »

Ha! Ya that really would suck :D

Thanks again for the update.

Have you had a chance to check my post in the "Feature Request" forum yet?

- John
=====================