Block Diagrams

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
blackcat

Block Diagrams

Post by blackcat »

Hi Scott

First and fore most Hats off to you ! For providing this software

Since I am new and absolutely not aware on the connections details could it be possible to post some kinda connection block diagram as to how standard hardware can be connected to be controlled from house bot

eg - light tv vcr and hifi

Also is it possible to use a usb IRDA device to remote control a TV or HI FI

Thanks for the information in advance :D
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Blackcat,

I've made several block diagrams, but never really feel that I'm hitting the right mix of detail and overview. If you haven't checked out the online help, look at the diagram under the "Software Remotes" section.

Let me know more details on the scope and detail that you are interested in seeing in a diagram. I'd love to make more diagrams that will help the learning curve.

I'm not the best person to ask about the IRDA support, but I can tell you that HouseBot doesn't support any IRDA interfaces at this time. The HouseBot Software Remotes communicate to the HouseBot server through a network connection, not IRDA.

There are several IR transceivers (not IRDA) that can be used by HouseBot to receive and transmit IR. These can be used to pickup standard remote button presses and also to control equipment via IR.

Scott
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

Thank you Scott for your immediate response

Will check the diagrams -- My Mistake

refering - Infrared trancievers

Q 1 - I suppose these can be connected to the computer

Q 2 - could you please name a few so I could try to locate them in my side of the world

Thanks again
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Blackcat,

The simplest and least expensive of the transceivers supported by HouseBot would be the USB UIRT. You can order it online at this web site. You will need to download the USB UIRT plugin for HouseBot (separate download) from the download page.

HouseBot also has IR support for the ADI Ocelot and Nirvis SlinkE.

Scott