Need advice

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Need advice

Post by Circe640 »

I have a twin PC setup: (1)HTPC runs video/TheaterTek and audio/Winamp classic and has Girder installed. (2)HCPC runs Housebot and Housebot client and has USBirt for control of the IR control components (Prepro/Sacd/LD/DVD-A). I have played with both myHTPC and Xlobby and like them both for the visualization of the CD and DVD environments and I could run XLobby server on the HTPC and the Xlobby client on the HCPC. With Girder client on the HCPC, I believe I could lash them together. The biggest problem is running the full screen Xlobby client with the HouseBot client since the HouseBot client is always on top.

If I had my choices, I would prefer to run a single environment with HouseBot. Has anyone been able to create the visual control -- album cover graphics/tracklists etc within the HouseBot environment. I think most of the tools are in the product now to do this and am wondering if anyone has put this together yet. I have no problems replicating Housebot on the HTPC to provide the direct Winamp control and would love to have the same direct control over TheaterTek without having to resort to Girder.