Unit code in x10 controller composite property

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
mbilodo

Unit code in x10 controller composite property

Post by mbilodo »

:?: Hello

I can't see the unit code in the X10 controller composite property, when it receive signal from Tm751 via CM11a, i get A;*;On. In fact what was sent is A;2;On. So i can't treat the composite data. Anyone can help?

Martin B.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Martin,

I'm not sure why you are receiving the '*'. If you can send me a data trace of the CM11a, I'll try and look at the problem. To run the trace.
  1. From the HouseBot main menu, select 'Settings/Tracing...'.
  2. Press the 'Advanced' button.
  3. Select the name of the cm11a interface in the list (it will be prefixed with an asterisk).
  4. Select the 'File' checkbox and enter a file name in the edit field below (file name only).
  5. Press OK to dismiss all dialogs.
  6. Try and use the interface again. This should generate data in the log file.
  7. Turn the tracing off by returning to the 'Advanced' tracing dialog and removing the check by the 'File' option.
  8. Send the trace file to me at '[email protected]'. The file can be found in the HouseBot\Logs directory.
Scott
jjp

Same problem here

Post by jjp »

I was having the same problem with my MC460 mini controller. It seems to be some kind of timing issue. I normally press the unit code button then the on or off button to activate a task. If I press the buttons in rapid succession then it works. If I wait a second or two, I get the same result you do. For example if I quickly press 8 then On I get C;8;On but if I press 8, wait one second then press On I get C;*;On. Hope this helps.