Confused setting up IR devices

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Confused setting up IR devices

Post by Circe640 »

I have successfully loaded several remotes (except Outlaw and Marquis). When into setting -configure IR devices - and created the start of a DVD-A IR device (two properties). But now I am lost --- the device shows in the IR devices form but there is only the full side panel view when I highlight a property (not the property view with tabs where you associate the IR codes) I have saved the file as the .ddf file in the default folder and if I exit and re-start HousBot I can still see the definition from the settings-IR devices side but I cannot see the device on the main HouseBot form where clicking a prperty under a device will give you the tabbed property display --- what step am I missing?? I have read the docs but can't see what I've missed or how to get the tabbed display in the IR devices definition window. ???????

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It sounds like you have successfully created the Device Definition file (*.ddf).

Next:
  1. Make sure it is saved in the "\HouseBot\Config\IRDevicesDefs" directory.
  2. Restart HouseBot if you had to move the file.
  3. Select "File/New/Device..." from the main menu.
  4. Select the "Show All Devices" filter (if using version 1.60)
  5. You should see your new Device Definition in the list. Select it, give it a name, and choose an interface.
  6. After the Device has been created, you should see the "IR Codes" tab in the main Tree view as you click on the various Properties of the Device.
After the Device has been defined, you no longer need to return to the "Settings/Configure IR Devices..." window.

I was looking at the help and it does leave you hanging after you create the DDF file. I'll try and give a better step-by-step in the next help.

Scott