Icon size

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
MichaelK

Icon size

Post by MichaelK »

Im attempting to add a new control, and selecting an image to use is very frusterating...it seems to chop my image in half, no matter what the size of the image is...and if I choose to add a multi state button, etc (anything from the top list) I get the same result....only when I choose IMAGE do I get the full image I have chosen. Is there a way to change the sizes permitted? Thanks!

~Michael
MichaelK

Typo

Post by MichaelK »

BTW, when you ADD CONTROL, and you have the "Browse for image - select general style item above FRIST" I presume this should be FIRST. :)

Great package sir!

~Michael
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Michael,

A Button bitmap actually contains two images in the bitmap. The first image is the button in the normal 'unpressed' state. The second image is the button in the 'pressed' state. The images are side-by-side.

If you search for "common button image format" in the help file, it will show a sample.

You're the FRIST one to find the misspelling. Thanks.

Scott
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

So, I should create an on state and off state side by side (50% on each side) in order to show the image? What about ones with 3 states?

~Michael
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

No. The 'states' that are stored in the bitmap file are not the same 'states' that are used by a Multi-state button (confusing I know).

A button image can only contain two images; the UP and DOWN.

In the configuration for the multi-state button, you choose separate bitmap files for each Property Value/State you want to represent.

Scott