How to delete a Power on/off task in Device setup

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

How to delete a Power on/off task in Device setup

Post by Steve Horn »

I just realized that its probably not a good idea to have a task associated with a device that turns it off: Example: a security system. "Alexa turn off the security system" is not a good idea, especially with Alexa functionality now in cars. But I cannot find a way to remove the "Disarm" task (in my case) from the "security system" device. That property is locked and the drop-down for populating it does not list a Delete or None option. What am I missing?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: How to delete a Power on/off task in Device setup

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

I understand your point, but what is the device type and property name you are looking at? I don't recall a security system device to check for you.

But I'm thinking you are working with an "Execute Task" device. And you are right, you can't ever unset a task once it's set. You could just create a new one and only assign the ON Task and the swap them out and delete the old one.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott, it is an Execute Task device. And Plan B was to create a new Execute Task Device and delete the flawed one. I was just pointing this out in case someone else ran into the same... And to see if I was overlooking something that provided an ‘erase/undo’ action.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Thanks. I've already added the option for the next release.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

:D
Steve