Voice setup - Google Assistant

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
martijnj

Voice setup - Google Assistant

Post by martijnj »

Hi Scott,

Do you have examples of working Google assistant devices. I can get my curtains in google as a light (New execute task device, powerstate mapped as switch in voice control). I can't get is working like you discribed it on the webpage. Blinds/curtains property,...

Hope you can help.

Martijn
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Voice setup - Google Assistant

Post by Richard Naninck »

Hi,

Do you run the latest version of HB? Mine is 3.52.03 and it has the Blinds function.

Create a NULL Device with a name of your choice. Attach two properties to the device 1) Blind State, 2) Percentage. The Blind State should be Alphanumeric and should contain two discrete Values: Closed and Opened. The Percentage property should be Numeric. If you don't have those properties, create them.
Have Tasks do the rest of the work like you do with lights.
In the Settings/Voice Service Settings windows you should search for the NULL Device and make it so that it is recognised as Blinds and then set the two properties (Blind State and Percentage).
After that have Google synchronise your devices again and try to open and close your Blinds.
Have fun
martijnj

Post by martijnj »

Hi Richard,

Thanks.

My version is 3.52.1 its the oly version I can download. I will give it a try.

Update: I only have lock,switch and themostat and no-blinds in voice reconition options...

Martijn
Richard Naninck

OK, I must still be running a HB beta and Scott didn't release the latest version yet.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Martijn,

Richard hit on the problem. I never released the version with that support, although I updated the web help.

I just released an update with the support you are looking for. Sorry about that.

Scott
Scott
martijnj

Post by martijnj »

Hi Scott,

I tried it and found the settings in HB. When I update and sync my devices in Google I get the attached screen. I I press the blind it only shows a setting screen not a control.

What did i do wrong.

Martijn
Screenshot_20190724-201725_Home.jpg
Screenshot_20190724-201725_Home.jpg (233.53 KiB) Viewed 27816 times
Richard Naninck

You did nothing wrong. That's googles part not fully functional but the voice commands should work fine