Android software remote not rotating

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jaaasgoed

Android software remote not rotating

Post by jaaasgoed »

Hi all,

I just started using the android software remote, but I can't get it to rotate. I tried unlocking the rotation and forcing it to landscape, but no matter what, it's stuck on portrait mode.

Rotation on my phone is enabled and other apps work fine.

I don't know if it's know bug or not.

Any way I can fix this?

Thanks.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Android software remote not rotating

Post by ScottBot »

Auto rotate looks like it's not working, but if you lock landscape or portrait and restart the app, it should work.

I'll fix auto rotate, but let me know if you can't get the locking to work as needed.
Scott
jaaasgoed

Post by jaaasgoed »

I tried your suggestion, and it seems to work but the entire remote is wonky.

The scaling does not work correctly. What I mean by this is that it does not keep the correct aspect ratio whatever scaling option you choose.

It also does not use the correct fonts and it does not show some fields correctly. For instance I have a field that shows the time in HH:MM:SS, and the remote software does not show the seconds.

I will post some screenshots later, but maybe this is also a known problem?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

If you look at the Feature Differences section on the android help page, it does mention that the Android fonts won't perfectly match the Windows fonts and may look different.
It also does not use the correct fonts and it does not show some fields correctly. For instance I have a field that shows the time in HH:MM:SS, and the remote software does not show the seconds.
This is probably related to the font size difference (as you suspected) and not having enough room to fit the seconds. If you increase the field size, it should work.

If you don't want the scaling to change the aspect ration, be sure to NOT select the Auto Height and Width setting. That option will scale the panel to always fit fully on the screen.
Scott