Android Client issue

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
incoronado

Android Client issue

Post by incoronado »

The Housebot client (more specifically the android client) stops communicating with the server. Either a restart of the server, or a restart of the client brings the client back into communication. I only just started to notice this behavior for the last couple of releases. This may not be a housebot issue at all, I'm merely framing the timing. I have disabled all of the power savings settings on the client and the server machine. Including the NIC power settings. Windows event viewer shows nothing of significance.

The Windows client does not seem to have the same issue.

I am hoping maybe someone else has run into this problem.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Android Client issue

Post by ScottBot »

Couple of questions.
1) About how long until you see the issue?
2) Are you running any widgets?
Scott
incoronado

Post by incoronado »

It would happen as soon as 30 minutes after sleeping. Powerful and wise Google told me what an Android widget was. Admittedly, I'm not very Android savvy. Seems to me there have always been a lot of unexplainable problems with it. I often find chicken bones and salt to be good Android troubleshooting tools. I had one widget installed and I uninstalled it. Uninstalled HB and reinstalled. So far, so good. It's been working for over 10 hours. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I'll provide feedback after a couple of days without issue.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I know the OS will kill the widgets if it needs memory. When the widget goes, it also kills that HouseBot remote app. Let me know if that fixes the issue.
Scott
incoronado

Post by incoronado »

All has been working now for over 4 days. For certain, one of the things I did resolved the issue. I only had one widget installed that I removed, so I find it hard to believe that was the issue. I also removed and reinstalled HB.