Version 3.30.03 and new Android Software Remote

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Version 3.30.03 and new Android Software Remote

Post by ScottBot »

I've heard of one other instance of an anti-virus flagging HouseBot. I had to submit an application for them to whitelist it and have not heard of any other issues since.

I used to upload HouseBot to a couple of other download sites, but I don't do that any more (they have all become spammy and like to add their own spyware and downloaders to the process).

You might want to try and download the latest version directly from the HouseBot server again. Here's a direct download link to the latest version.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Back to the Android SWREMOTE connectivity issue... Sort of. My overall android tablet device connectivity is much improved with the add of a new more powerful AP. But what I've noticed is that the SWREMOTE theme will lose contact with the HBServer even though the android tablet still has connectivity to the AP. I can ping the router, Google via Chrome, etc. but the SWREMOTE has lost its connection to the server. It may eventually reconnect... Or may not. (I added seconds to the time of day device that is displayed on the home panel and can watch the seconds tick by or not to know if I'm still connected.) Sometimes I have to close and relaunch. Others it just recovers on its own. Anyone else experienced this?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I have not seen this, as mine stays connected all the time (or always reconnects without me knowing and without a problem).

When you see it disconnected, is it also showing as disconnected/missing in the server SW Remote tab?
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Next time it drops I'll check. Shouldn't be long.
Steve
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

No, once it went down, it was not listed under active SWremotes. I left swiped to settings in the app, then closed it and restarted and appeared in the active list. Then it went dead again. I tried the swipe again but that apparently was a red herring. Doing stuff locally within the app - clicking buttons, etc. does not seem to have an effect on restarting. minimizing/blanking the app and then re-maximizing has no effect. Sometimes it goes off line while the app is maximized (display screen not yet timed out); others when its in the background/with screen time out. Bottom line: when its off line, its not listed. It just restarts by itself... or sometimes not.

Just noticed something: After it relinked to the server (by itself) it showed "in session", then in a few moments it went off line and its showed up as in a "Sleeping" state. When I first started this, when it was offline it wasn't even listed. Now after refreshing the status list its no longer listed. (I must have missed that "sleeping" status state.

update: just noticed i'm getting error messages:
"Unknown Socket message received ID=[1]
"send failed: error 10054"

Just a few of these - not as many or coincident with the lost links. FWIW.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

I'll follow up with you via email on this.
Scott