Pop-Up Panels question..

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
TonyG

Pop-Up Panels question..

Post by TonyG »

Hi Scott, everyone; really don't want to ask this as I fear I'm missing something basic, but:

I have primary panels (Music selection and Navigation) on the main screen for the driver, and now I'm looking to use pop-up panels on a second screen.

Pop-ups are selected by passengers using a rotary encoder and display weather, news (RSS), and Kodi "now playing". It's up and running, but I have an issue.

When the driver changes the primary panel, it kills the passenger pop-up. I'm looking for an option to keep pop-ups persistent through main panel change.

At present the only solution is to re-open pop-ups as a part of a task - but the choice from what I see is fixed and not based on last used pop-up.

What am I missing!?

Thanks,

Tony
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Pop-Up Panels question..

Post by ScottBot »

You're not missing anything. That's the correct behavior for pop-ups.

Another alternative that you might consider would be to have a single/generic main panel that just holds a background and doesn't change. Then change what you have as your main panel now to a full-sized pop-up. I'm not sure if that would work with the flow you have now, but it's something to consider.
Scott
TonyG

Re: Pop-Up Panels question..

Post by TonyG »

Thanks Scott, your suggestion will work well. Good opportunity to review each "application panel" to see what's dynamic vs largely static - and then split between generic primary background and pop-up.

Why didn't I think of this?!