Custom fonts in android

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
incoronado

Custom fonts in android

Post by incoronado »

How do I get custom fonts over to the android remote?
incoronado

Re: Custom fonts in android

Post by incoronado »

I have read a couple of posts on this issue. I installed the .ttf fonts I was using in my theme on the android and it recognizes them under system fonts, but it appears that HB remote does not recognize them. Is this a name mapping, or reference, issue where the font names don't map from Windows to Android? Just looking looking for a nudge in the right direction if it is even possible. I can always find a workaround.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Custom fonts in android

Post by ScottBot »

Are you using HouseBot 3.30.03? This version has additional logic to copy missing fonts to the Android device.

If it's showing as a system font on Android, the remote should find it there. There are some name mappings that might be confusing things. If they are not stock android fonts and you can remove them from the device, I would suggest doing that. Then if you use HB .03 it should download the fonts to the correct place using the correct name (correct meaning what the remote expects).

If all else fails, you can send me the font TTF and I'll see if there's something more to it.
Scott