PNG support WinCE

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
lostdreamer

PNG support WinCE

Post by lostdreamer »

Hey all,

I recently found a (near) perfect device as WiFi touchpanel (7", 600mhz, 800x480, < 300 USD) running among others, WinCE.
google for SmartQ7 / SmartV7 devices

But when I tried out SW remote I noticed that the transparency in PNG files wasnt working, even though it is working in explorer etc.
Could this be an oversight when creating the WinCE SWremote or is my device to blame?

I hope Scot can clarify on this, cause it's a great device, even more so if SW remote works with my standard touchpanel skins.

Regards,
LostDreamer
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: PNG support WinCE

Post by ScottBot »

That does look like a nice device. Curious to know what the battery life is like.

The PNG transparency issue in WinCE is a limitation of the graphics package that I use and the fact that some of the graphic APIs that it needs are not available in WinCE.
Scott
lostdreamer

Post by lostdreamer »

guess i'll have to edit a few buttons then to redo some effects...
About te battery: i think its amazing... i get about 7 hours of hd movies, 4-5 with wifi and compiling.
from linux it's a nice mobile computer and in wince it makes for a nice housebot addon.

Lostdreamer
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Where did you get yours? Are there any US distributors?
Scott
lostdreamer

Post by lostdreamer »

Hey Scott,

As far as I found there are only sellers in HongKong right now (theyre still in experimental stage so I dont think there are any resellers (yet).
I bought mine from www.jiongtang.com they had pretty fast shipping ( got it within a week, from HongKong -> the Netherlands )
There are a few other webshops that sell them, but all of them from HongKong (deal extreme: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31523 )

I heared nothing but good about both of these shops, so it should be ok.
also: They ship the items as MP4 players of USD 50,- so you also dont pay a lot for importing it ;)

LostDreamer
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

Deal Extreme also has a linux-only version of the same device for only $211.02 with free shipping
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27441

This would be good if you're planning to skip the CE limitations and connect via terminal services to HB like with the Nokia or Apple iDevices. Just load rdesktop on the device and connect to your HB "terminal server".

Terry
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

Or it would be good if Scott was releasing a Software Remote that can run on Linux.. :wink:

We can dream....
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

Your dreams are bigger than mine. In my dreams Scott just releases the protocol specs for the swremotes and that allows us to develop remotes for any platform... :wink:
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

LostDreamer (and others),

I'm considering one of these - is it possible to have the swremote autostart and/or be the only thing available on the device? I'm looking for something for some potential customers and would like to lock down the unit anyway possible so that it is only used for a touchscreen controller and not a general purpose CE device. If not on this one - does anyone know of anything that you can lock down? I'm looking to stay below $500USD if possible. I've found a few things, but they're linux and not CE. Wallmount is easy (CuWin), but handheld seems to be tougher to find...

TIA,
Terry
asad12345

Post by asad12345 »

I recently found a (near) perfect device as WiFi touchpanel (7", 600mhz, 800x480, < 300 USD) running among others, WinCE. :wink: :oops: :o :!:
shafiq