W7 Gestures

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

W7 Gestures

Post by Richard Naninck »

Scott,

The other day I was looking at new touchscreen devices and found that Multi touch W7 compatble 4:3 15, 17 or 19" touchscreens aren't that expensive anymore.

If HouseBot had a plugin that read the W7 or W8 gestures and provide these gestures in a property, lots of good stuff could come from that.

Let's say a gesture engine is running in the background and recognizes double fincger tabs, swipes left and right, zooms etc. If these gestures would be made available in ascii form in a property, this property could be read and dealt with.

Example: A movie panel containing movie covers is currently the visible theme panel. There are buttons to inc or dec the list... these buttons could be simulated now by gestures. A swipe down gesture is read, the current panel is movies so the command would be: next 15 covers..

This could be built as a separate C# or C++ mudule running outside of HouseBot but it would not be a lot of work to make it native to HouseBot as far as I can see. It would open up lots of new stuff though without having to rebuild the complete SWRemote.

Any thoughts??
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: W7 Gestures

Post by ScottBot »

You're suggesting to implement it as a module? Wouldn't this need to be something built into the SWRemote and not the server?
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: W7 Gestures

Post by Richard Naninck »

In the remote would be the ultimate solution but I guess that means a complete overhaul of the remote and I don't see that happen any Time soon..

But as a selectable device in the HouseBot server lot's of functionality would become available and with very Little effort I suppose.