Property edit button - font issue

Simple advice that you may find useful. Feel free to discuss or add your own.
skakooli2

Property edit button - font issue

Post by skakooli2 »

Hi,
I added a property edit button to my theme.
When i'm trying to type some word on the software remote in hebrew , I saw gibrish.
I've tried to change the font to another hebrew font but i hasn't helped.
In English i saw the the word that i'm typing.
On other controls such as property label..etc. i see the font in hebrew clearly and not in gibrish.
Any ideas?
Thanks,Shakhar.
skakooli2

Re: Property edit button - font issue

Post by skakooli2 »

Anyone??
Please i need to solve it urgently.
Thanks,Shakhar.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Shakhar,

All you should need to do is specify the font name for the Hebrew font in the property edit setup. It’s possible that the font name is incorrect or has extra spaces or something. Or if you specify underline or italic and there is no underline or italic option for that font it could fail to load the font.

If you enable tracing on the SW Remote ( in the configuration dialog on the remote ), it will generate a trace file on the remote machine. If it fails to load the font for the control, it will display an error with more information about why it wasn't loaded. Hope this helps.
Scott
skakooli2

Post by skakooli2 »

Hi Scott,
Thank you for the reply.
The font is in regular mode, and yet i saw gibrish instead of hebrew.
In English the same font works great (i use the "david" font which is suitable for english and hebrew).
I did trace on the remote configuration, and nothing is shown about the font.
The strange thing is that when i'm typing something in hebrew i saw it in the Software Remote in gibrish, but the property did changes to the hebrew string that i wrote in gibrish.
For example if i will wrote the word - "אייל" in the software remote i saw it as gibrish but the property has changed to "אייל".

Shakhar.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

So I assume there was a trace file on the sw remote that contained other information, just nothing about the font error.

When you set the font in the theme editor on the server, does it look correct there when you type something in the edit field? If so, try running the local SW remote on the server machine and connect to the same theme to see if it also looks right. If it does, I would suspect that the font isn't available on the client SW remote machine (although I would have thought there would have been an error in the trace file if that were the case).

Also, try some other fonts to see if they work.
Scott
skakooli2

Post by skakooli2 »

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply.
I'm running the local software remote and it still shows gibrish.
I tried other fonts without success.
the property edit button can't show text in the theme editor it just shows me the cursor.
On other controls i don't have any font problems.