Runtime Error when I launch HouseBot

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
CouchPotatoe

Runtime Error when I launch HouseBot

Post by CouchPotatoe »

I am getting the following error shortly after startup and regardless of my subsequent actions HouseBot is crashing. This happens most but not all times immediately after launch, although sometimes it will run for a couple of days or so.

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\Program Files\HouseBot\HouseBotServer.exe
File :f\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\src\iactype.c
Line: 68

Expression: (unsigned)(c+1)<=256

If I abort I get this

Runtime Error!
Program C:\Program Files\HouseBotServer.exe
R6030
- CRT not initialized

Any ideas what might be causing this ... I haven't recently changed anything in HouseBot and so I thought it might be something related to some input - possibly a bad xAP message but having checked with the author of that plugin it seems it might be elsewhere. I have spent many years getting everything working with HouseBot and I'm in a bit of a state now as I can't keep HouseBot running for any length of time.

K
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Re: Runtime Error when I launch HouseBot

Post by Steve Horn »

That's ugly. Am I to understand that HB used to run fine, and for a reasonably long period, but now you get this? If that's the case - i.e. "something has changed but I dunno what" - my first (and only) suspicion is a corrupted database (HBdata.mdb). Try restoring to a prior image. Beyond that, I'm useless. :oops:
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

The only time I had random errors and short uptimes was when HouseBot ran on more than 1 cpu core (affinity). Running two cores damaged the Task threads and cause HouseBot to hang. However that got fixed by simple starting HouseBot on a single core. You may want to check your affinity though however I don't think this is the same thing.
This really sounds like you ran somekind of Windows Update (which I don't for obvious reasons) and some dll got damaged or became incompatible with HouseBot. If so, go back to a restore point of the time before this started happening. That is if you have restore points (which I don't.. again;))
Or simply create a backup and reinstall HouseBot and replace the newly install with your backup dbase, themes and scripts.
HouseBot is rocksteady, so I can't imagine that this is unfixable.
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Possibly a case of DLL hell!???!

crt=common runtime. It is a shared component in windows platforms, but not as shared as MS would like you to believe. Did you install something else? It may have over written some CRT libraries and Housebot doesn't like the new libraries. I had a similar issue when deploying my new defunct HB web server... The webserver did not like some libraries on win 7 or vista... I had to actually statically embed the XP libraries into the HB web server dll.

I think Visual Studio also swaps out some libraries with it's own versions. The "vctools" path makes me think you are using VS C++ in someway.

Tim