Support for new RFXCOM USB Transceiver

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
allanstevens

Support for new RFXCOM USB Transceiver

Post by allanstevens »

The RFXCOM have a new USB transceiver device that's at a new low price, with support for more devices. It would be great if I could use LightwaveRF in HouseBot :D

Are there any plans to update the current RFXCOM plugin to support it ?

http://www.rfxcom.com/transceivers.htm#12103
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Support for new RFXCOM USB Transceiver

Post by Richard Naninck »

Plans yes, but resources not too many... I took a shot at the old code but could not get it to compile which should be the first step. The old code could benefit from minor updates. The time to take on this byte of work just isn't there yet.
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

Richard Naninck wrote:Plans yes, but resources not too many... I took a shot at the old code but could not get it to compile which should be the first step. The old code could benefit from minor updates. The time to take on this byte of work just isn't there yet.
OK, thanks for posting. If you do get round to picking it up, give me a shout if you need some testing.
maze42

Post by maze42 »

How about your plans to upgrade the RFXCOM plugin to support the new USB transceiver? I just received one unit and would like hook it up to my HouseBot system. If you want help with testing I can help.
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

I have started using EventGhost to control my RFXtrx.

I have also created a plugin in EventGhost that will allow me to communicate with HouseBot. It's not ideal, as I would rather use the RFXtrx within HouseBot. But it works.

More information here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=858001