Caller ID modem

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jacco van der Ven

Caller ID modem

Post by jacco van der Ven »

I have "Internet + Bellen" from KPN, does anyone knows a modem what support the caller ID function.
The router is an SpeedTouch 780.
My handsets what are connected to the route shows the caller ID.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Caller ID modem

Post by Richard Naninck »

Maybe you can search for answering machine software that does the job.
I still use ISDN and have XAN running on my PC. It is an answering machine and capable of communicating through script so the caller ID from XAN is handed of to HouseBot using the external com object. Works very well and I display CID info together with a photo of the caller on every screen/TV that is powered on at the time of calling.
I can't help you with your setup but maybe it brings you an idea. Not too many Dutch users here so I don't expect a solid answer to your question...
b_weijenberg

Post by b_weijenberg »

I use the Zoom 3049 http://www.zoomtel.com/products/dial_up ... erial.html
This modem has only the DTMF Caller ID and no FSK!
This modem can be used if the Speedtouch is able to send the Caller ID in DTMF.
Richard Naninck

You can buy conversion hardware module that convert one CID standard into another. I bought one to see if I could get my Ziggo CID standard into the one used by KPN ISDN to keep me current phone system running, but it didn't work. 25 Euro's were lost...
raptor_demon

Post by raptor_demon »

Hi,

I use a USB 56k MODEM External FAX V.92 V92 Conexant 93010 modem that works here in the USA. They are farily cheap (i paid 11.99usd on ebay).here is an example:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/56K-USB-2-0-V-92- ... 564080ea5d

not sure if it will work in europe tho.

Raptor
jacco van der Ven

:D I am happy :D
After a long period (and a lot of money :oops: ) it is working, I bought an Tornado SFM56.0-E modem.
Now I can see the phone nunber in HB.
I have an little script that can find the name and adress off the calling person on the internet, and write it in an database.

Jacco
Richard Naninck

I bought a FritzBox last year and scripted it into my system. I got caller ID from my provider while maintaining my ISDN infra structure and hardware. The FritzBox put ascii data on port 1200 and it gives all the data I need. I can now also see outgoing numbers. Happy as well with that very low cost but great solution.
jacco van der Ven

The script is using this website ( http://www.meppelink.net/cdfoon/ ) to find the name off the caller.
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

I have an android phone, and all my contacts are in my google account. When the phone rings, housebot get the number from the caller id modem, then it runs a script. This script looks in my google contacts, and returns the name if it can found.

If you're interested I can post it when I get home tonight.
jacco van der Ven

Well, my wife has an shop so the contacts are not know, so that why I use the internet link to find the name and adress of the caller.
I have now an SQL server running where the data is stored.

Jacco