xAP

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jacco van der Ven

xAP

Post by jacco van der Ven »

@wallebalboa viewtopic.php?f=1&t=857716

I want to know more about the xAP Netiom, can you tell more about this hardware, maybe a screenshot of HB?
I all ready search internet and found the webshop!
wallebalboa

Re: xAP

Post by wallebalboa »

its a old but good HW... 16 in, 16 out, 4 analog in and serial, small webserver ( i do not use) config thru serial port (not web). lots of extra devices on each pin ( counters etc.. (16bits)) easy to disable not used devices by enter space in name... HB xAP plug autogenerates all devices in devicelist, xAP plug can set custome states like open/closed or UP/Dwn...

really nice to put a couple around the house and you will have available I/Os close... i use for door switches,IR sensors, heating etc... works like a clockwork...
(only noticed one problem and that is when i run IP-tv on same network it sends crappy xAP mess... extremley seldom and have disapeared after segmenting the network with separate cables for IP-TV... will see if it comes back when i install IP-Cameras around the house...)
Attachments
ScreenShot003.png
ScreenShot003.png (373.5 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
maze42

Re: xAP

Post by maze42 »

I just want to add that I use a freeware called Cumulus (sandaysoft.com/downloads) to get data from my weather station. It's xAP enabled and works fine. Just create a xAP listener device and point it to the Cumulus sw. You can also set up the software to generate nice graphs of your historical weather data and let HB automatically update your HB remote.