THC jukebox

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
sundodger

THC jukebox

Post by sundodger »

all of a sudden my juke box is doing odd things.
I noticed the Jukebox script had stopped running but when i set it to run i get an error relating to the script referingto line 676 char 0 error 0 "no such table : Genre"
Any pointers as always are appreciated.
Thanks.
markd
Advanced Member

Re: THC jukebox

Post by markd »

Sounds like your database may have gotten roached. You can open it directly and inspect it. . . or re-import, maybe? Not sure what that might do to playlists.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

markd wrote:Sounds like your database may have gotten roached. You can open it directly and inspect it. . . or re-import, maybe? Not sure what that might do to playlists.
Agreed; re-importing should rebuild the genre table. Playlists should be untouched; I've never had that problem with a re-import. You can also look at the db with a SQLite database browser. The one I use is at http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net. Look for the 'genre' table.
Steve
sundodger

Post by sundodger »

Thanks for the replies, Copied the data base files over from a backup of housebot all seemed good. Now winamp just skips through the song list as if it cant find the files. But at least the previous error message is gone.
The mp3 folder is on another machine but i think the jukebox script and songs script are pointing to the remote folder "\\P4\x\MP3".
Is this formatted correctly?
I have made a folder on the local c drive with a few mp3s in it and they play ok after import. Hard drive not big enough on the local machine to hold the entire collection though. so over the network would be an ideal solution.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I've got my MP3s on an external USB-connected drive, so not network. But your path looks odd. My songs script file looks like this:

"c:\Program Files\housebot\config\scripts\id3" -2 -q "Title : %%t\nArtist : %%a\nAlbum : %%l\nTrack : %%n\nGenre : %%g\nYear : %%y\nFile : %%_p%%_f\nCount : %%X\n" -R "f:\music\*.mp3" > c:\Progra~1\Housebot\Config\Scripts\songs.tmp

where the f drive is the external drive. A true network (i.e. LAN) drive should work I guess assuming that you had it mapped. Maybe some other jukebot user can chime in if they are running it that way.

The only "pathing" I see in the jukebox script points to the locations of HB and the songs.mlf database (in HB\config\scripts), i.e.:

DOSHousebotLocation = "C:\Progra~1\Housebot\"
HousebotLocation = "C:\Program Files\housebot\"

Set objDB = CreateObject("newObjects.sqlite3.dbutf8")
objDB.Open(HousebotLocation & "config\scripts\songs.mlf")
Steve
sundodger

Post by sundodger »

My songs script looks like this:
"c:\Program Files\housebot\config\scripts\id3" -2 -q "Title : %%t\nArtist : %%a\nAlbum : %%l\nTrack : %%n\nGenre : %%g\nYear : %%y\nFile : %%_p%%_f\nCount : %%X\n" -R "\\P4\x\MP3*.mp3" > c:\Progra~1\Housebot\Config\Scripts\songs.tmp
P4 is the machine the mp3s are on x being the drive and the MP3 the folder on the x drive.

I also edited the jukebox file this line:

'CmdStr = "c:\Progra~1\housebot\config\scripts\id3 -2 -q ""Title :" & Chr(37) & "t\nArtist : %%a\nAlbum : %%l\nTrack : %%n\nGenre : %%g\nYear : %%y\nFile : %%p%%f\nCount : %%X\n"" -R ""\\P4\x\MP3*.mp3"""

did i misread the instructions. If i have edited this an d meessed up what should it read?
P.S no nothing about scripting
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Dunno. You're saying that if you temporarily change the path for the MP3 files to point to a "local" drive (C or whatever), that all works ok? If so, clearly the problem is with the path you're establishing. duh. I'm no longer worldly wise (and never was, but less so now) on syntax for external path declarations. But can you not map your remote P4 drive in you HB machine to be <then next available drive letter>? For example, on this PC I'm typing on (not the HB server), my "T" drive (not a real hardware drive) is mapped to the HB server box music folder. Then your HB references to your MP3s would just reference that "drive" instead of the remote machine name P4.
Steve
sundodger

Post by sundodger »

Steve you legend. The solution was that simple mapped the mp3 folder so now is the E drive. changed the references in both the songs and jukebox scripts and success.
Thanks.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Good to hear that. But that was what I'd call an End Run - we got around the problem, but did not solve it... or explain or understand it. Anyway, at least its fixed.
Steve