Unknown Trace Type

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Nightrader_

Unknown Trace Type

Post by Nightrader_ »

Hello all,
Recently I added a script device I created ( a Thermostat). This is a fairly simple device and I have many other script devices that work fine. The problem with this device is it randomly crashes HouseBot back to the desktop with no error message or anything. When I check the HouseBot logs, this is what I find:

"08/06/2011","8:36:50 am","TStat - lvrm","Error","Unknown trace type [1867325556] found in HB_TraceDeviceMessage()"

I have not been able to find anything wrong with the Device or the DB, this script device looks the same as my others.

Anyone have a clue what is causing this, or maybe a work around.

Thanks,
Gene
Attachments
Screen Shot of Device
Screen Shot of Device
HB_SC01.png (24.29 KiB) Viewed 6679 times
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Unknown Trace Type

Post by Richard Naninck »

Are you tracing messages? If so, did you try to disable (error) logging.
Maybe PM the script to me so I could have a general look. Sometimes you get blind from your own stuff;)
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

If it's a script device, there are only a couple of ways to trace messages and they should isolate the script from ever specifying an "unknown trace type". It's possible that something has went so wrong that the call is corrupted.

If the server crashed, there should be a .dmp file created in the HouseBot\Dump directory. If you send me the latest dump file in that directory, maybe I can find some additional clues.
Scott
Nightrader_

Post by Nightrader_ »

Richard Naninck wrote:Are you tracing messages? If so, did you try to disable (error) logging.
Maybe PM the script to me so I could have a general look. Sometimes you get blind from your own stuff;)
I have tried it with the tracing turned off and set to window. Same result.
btw, I am talking about the settings on the device log panel.

The line above was from the HouseBot logfile in the Logs folder.

Gene
Nightrader_

Post by Nightrader_ »

ScottBot wrote:If it's a script device, there are only a couple of ways to trace messages and they should isolate the script from ever specifying an "unknown trace type". It's possible that something has went so wrong that the call is corrupted.

If the server crashed, there should be a .dmp file created in the HouseBot\Dump directory. If you send me the latest dump file in that directory, maybe I can find some additional clues.
I had not noticed the Dump files :D
anyway here is the latest.

Update:
After looking over the Dump files, it looks like the problem is in hbWebServer.dll. I will remove it and monitor.

Thanks,
Gene
Attachments
HouseBotServer-08-06-2011.dmp.zip
(815 Bytes) Downloaded 377 times
Nightrader_

Post by Nightrader_ »

No luck :(
It crashed again. no warning or anything, just gone.

no new dmp file now, but this was in the error log file.

I am not tracing anything for any of the script devices.

"08/07/2011","12:32:44 am","TStat - lvrm","Error","Unknown trace type [1919252335] found in HB_TraceDeviceMessage()"

Thanks,
Gene
Nightrader_

Post by Nightrader_ »

I went over the script and cleaned it up some (I have not add "Option Explicit" as recommend by Richard, yet (It is good advise)) and I created an export.

This is fairly portable and everyone is welcome to use it or any portion of it in anyway they wish.
You may need to edit the property names in the script, for the 3 devices (AC, Fan and Sensor), I should not have hard coded these. :wink:

Please let me know if you experience the same crashing as I.

Thanks,
Gene
Attachments
ThermostatScriptDevice.08072011.zip
unzip the hbx file into your import directory and restart housebot
(2.57 KiB) Downloaded 365 times