Housebot Browser Client - ALPHA CODE

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
Timoh
Advanced Member

Housebot Browser Client - ALPHA CODE

Post by Timoh »

Hi folks,
Progress has slowed down mostly due to lack of time than any other reason. That being said, here is the alpha release of the browser client... Use at your own risk.... This is *NOT* even beta code! This is a user interface only release. It will not pull any values or have any functionality into your devices/properties in HB.

Known issues & things this version will *NOT* do......
- It will not work on IE.
- It does not display any properties or values.
- It has only been tested on Firefox.
- Button loading & text placement may be incorrect. - Hitting refresh will usually load theme correctly.
- Text colours will not be as expected.
- "Coloured" Transparencies are not supported.... And *NEVER* will be.
- ie: Telling the browser to make "red" the transparent colour.
- You will need to use real transparency/alpha layer for your images.
- Fancy open from the top/bottom/side pop-ups don't work.
- Transparent buttons and panels don't work.
- Moveable pop-ups and windows don't work.
- Password & authentication has been disabled for now for testing & stability.

They main reason of this release is to see how the client behaves with other themes. I'm sure there will be a slew of issues and I wouldn't be surprised if in some cases, it doesn't even work. Where folks do have issues please post or PM me an image of your remote and an image of the browser client + what component or control is wrong. The theme XML would be good as well, but if you are not comfortable sending it, no problem. Likewise if folks have nice successes in displaying their themes in the browser, it'd be cool to see those too. I'm really relying on the HB community to test for me.

Install is same as any other plugin... Stop HB. Drop dll into plugins folder. Restart HB. If you have previously installed the hb web server, you are good to go.
Connect to the server on port 5025, specify ?theme=<your theme here> in the url. ie: http://127.0.0.1:5025?theme=yourtheme .
Displaying the XML is now ?themeXML=<your theme here>

It is entirely possible the code will cause smoke to pour out of your computer or possibly even catch fire. I am not a programmer and developing this remote is a hobby!

Thanks
Tim
Attachments
hbWebServer.zip
(110.52 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
CouchPotatoe

Re: Housebot Browser Client - ALPHA CODE

Post by CouchPotatoe »

I get the XML displayed with theme= and a directory listing with themeXML=

Also the webserver crashed HB a good few times (install, first config and also first connect) and still very fragile....

K
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Whhoopps... That was my bad.

I had uploaded the previous version so hence the XML only.

***The correct version is now in the original post.***

It will typically crash if your pwd file is missing or is corrupted. It's a pretty picky sequence... Maybe I'll just turn off or make optional a password in the next go-around until I stabilize it.

Tim
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Works pretty good for me. Some of the fonts seem larger than they are when displayed by the SWRemote. Multi state indicators are showing both halves of the picture. It's missing a colum of buttons lower right. But pretty good so far.

Here is a picture with the SWRemote on the left and your rendition on the right.

Mark
Housebot.jpg
Housebot.jpg (132.84 KiB) Viewed 12260 times
And another theme:
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (46.43 KiB) Viewed 12258 times
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

That's actually pretty cool... And successful for a first time running on someone else's theme.
The indicator behaviour is normal. It's showing all the states at start-up until one is picked. This will go away as soon as I actually tie it into HB values.
The font size issue I've seen before, and I'm not quite sure what's going on because a font size is a font size.... Period. I'll add back onto the todo list to look at.
What's the type of buttons are missing? Multi-state buttons? Plain buttons? or ????
Thanks
Tim
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

I have updated the download file in the original post so it does *not* use a password.

This should make it more stable since the username & password setup sequence is problamatic.

Tim
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Timoh wrote:What's the type of buttons are missing? Multi-state buttons? Plain buttons? or ????
Tim,

They are "execute task buttons". They start a task which sends the right sequence to my modem to forward or unforward my phone.

The fonts may not be a standard size picked from the selection offered. I may have just entered a size I thought would fill the button best. For instance in the larger theme the WESTFORD at the top is set to Arial size 108 weight 700 and most buttons are set to Arial size 60 weight 700. Perhaps the browser doesn't scale them quite the same when they are not a default size.

Mark
PT

Post by PT »

Hi just to let you know i have tried latest dwonload using firefox and safari and pleased to say most buttons display and it certainly looks promising.
Some panel changes are not working for some themes
I will try and let you know which type are not displaying successfully.
Keep up good work and let us know when you are ready for the buttons to change states etc.
Regards

PT

If it isn't broke,fix it till it is!
biggrey54

Post by biggrey54 »

run this using firefox and all i got was the panel no buttons help any advise

Graham
biggrey54

Post by biggrey54 »

also ran this using xml got message saying no style associated but the tree has all my buttons in it
Graham
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

That version of code did not capture all of the buttons properly and display them. So depending on what buttons you were using, they might not display.

I just posted some update "slow-down" explanations on the main forum.

ts