SWRemote on PC via internet with alterate port

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
chester40391

SWRemote on PC via internet with alterate port

Post by chester40391 »

Ive come to the conclusion I will have no hair left before I can even get started. Im having a lot of trouble finding basic information. Currently Im trying to figure out how to get SWRemote to connect to Housebot via internet connection. I am very familiar with port forwarding and port redirecting. I am trying to connect from a location with only a handful of ports open so I am using port redirection. I have already set up the redirect in my Cisco Pix firewall at home as I have done with several other operations. I scoured the internet and the forums to find that the default port for housebot is 5015. I even found a few spots on how to change that by modifying the registry. Im fine with that in fact i do this with microsoft RDP but the path in the registry that is mentioned does not exist. there is no cebotics listed under the tree of local machine/Software. Fine thus i work around it with port redirection however I cannot see any option to specify port on the SWRemote application. Typically this is done by appending to the end of the ip or hostname :port# but it clearly does not like this and I did find a thread where scott said that definitely wont work and to remove the port but the person having trouble was using default port so that was fine to remove it.

So my question is how do I tell SWRemote client to use a different port which I have arleady configured in my firewall to translate to 5015?

Thanks.

-Chad
chester40391

Re: SWRemote on PC via internet with alterate port

Post by chester40391 »

Oh and port 5015 is this tcp,udp or both ? Thanks.
chester40391

Post by chester40391 »

Ok. solved this by reading the help file associated with the main software install on the server. In my defense the help file included with software isnt typically all that helpful but in the case of housebot it appears to actually be the manual. Also I wasnt at home I was at work, is this manual available anywhere online? My searches certainly should have uncovered it if it is.

For others check your help file but the short version is to create a shortcut and include the switches /ip "ip or dns" /port "port#"
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Glad you figured it out with the online help. The online help is not available online :? It's only available through windows help.
Scott