Ticker style Property Label

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Ticker style Property Label

Post by Steve Horn »

Not sure this is possible, or possible without of back-end heavy lifting, but the ability to add a scrolling property label might be useful. I'm thinking that it would be useful to display the currently playing Winamp track for example in limited space on the panel.
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Ticker style Property Label

Post by Richard Naninck »

Feature requested in 2007;)

http://cebotics.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 0&p=445936

Also being able to change the text color would be very helpful. When temperature values reach zero or below, the text could color red instead of black. I can think of many more examples where this would come in handy.
Last edited by Richard Naninck on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Richard, that link to the previous request points to THIS request... doesn't it? Anyway, thanks for catching that; I had not recalled seeing the earlier thread. You're right - that would have lots of application. Maybe someday...
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

OK, that was odd.

Fixed the link in the previous post
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

A scrolling property label in the software remote would be great. But for now I have created a simple script device that picks up the text from a device and does some string manipulation to give you a marquee effect.

I don't think It's as smooth as a scrolling property label would be, but it works.

Cheers,
Allan
Attachments
Marquee.hbx
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 162 times