Tasks and Scripts

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dominicv

Tasks and Scripts

Post by dominicv »

Good evening Folks,

Would it be possible to have a section or specific area of the board dedicated to

TASKS & SCRIPTS

This area would enable users to post their examples of tasks and scripts they have found to be useful, so instead of searching throughout the board, everything would be in this section.

The main reason for this section, is to provide new users and old with examples, in order to reduce the learning curve required to master HouseBot.

At the rate I learn things based on reading instruction, I will be old and grey by the time I achieve my goal, now hold on a second, I am already old and grey.

Just a thought.

Dom
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Tasks and Scripts

Post by ScottBot »

There is a section on the main site (http://www.housebot.com) under the downloads section that has some user scripts and configuration imports that you might find useful.
Scott
dominicv

Post by dominicv »

Thanks Scott,

I had just assumed that by having all information pertaining to tasks and script located in the same section would be a lot easier for everybody.

Here is a better idea, since I am the one always looking for info, and help, how about if you send me the info.

Therefore :

To All Users, If you wish to help an old man, in dire strait of learning this program, you can send me your task and script examples with a brief description, as long as the task and or script works and serves a purpose, I would appreciate any assistance.

Again, thanks everyone for your patience and help.

Regards

Dom
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

dominicv wrote: To All Users, If you wish to help an old man, in dire strait of learning this program, you can send me your task and script examples with a brief description, as long as the task and or script works and serves a purpose, I would appreciate any assistance.
Well now, that would spoil all the fun and learning of searching. Searching for stuff is a skill on its own and once you master it, you can walk the path toward your own goals instead of others dumping crap in your mailbox. You would loose your way.

Just a thought :wink:
dominicv

Post by dominicv »

Hey good morning Richard,

I fully agree with you, I am an expert on searching and researching, this is how I found HOUSEBOT.

As a matter of fact the company I worked for before retiring, had me search for products no one else could find, didn't matter where or what, I had a good success rate.

But now, I find that I spend too much time looking for stuff, so I would rather check with someone that has done the stuff already instead of trying to reinvent the wheel all the time.

Richard, you are still too young, it seems that as I get older, I want to achieve more in less time, I wonder if this is a recognition of my own mortality, ( Man that is deep, its actually scary ).

So Folks, don't forget to send in those Tasks and Scripts, before I croak, LOL.

Have a great day Richard, a thought, maybe I should visit the Netherlands before I go, I hear it is a very beautiful place.

Dom
Richard Naninck

dominicv wrote:But now, I find that I spend too much time looking for stuff, so I would rather check with someone that has done the stuff already instead of trying to reinvent the wheel all the time.

Richard, you are still too young, it seems that as I get older, I want to achieve more in less time, I wonder if this is a recognition of my own mortality, ( Man that is deep, its actually scary ).
I figured that once you are retired, you have all the time in the world and actually don't want to move that fast anymore. Unless you are related to mister Benjamin Button;)
dominicv

Post by dominicv »

Richard,

You have a very good point, I will have to think about this one and get back to you.

Dom
Richard Naninck

Don't think too long. It Will consume valuable HouseBot time;)
dominicv

Post by dominicv »

Richard,

That's my problem, I don't think, and when I do, I get in trouble.

Dom
One who's IQ is equal to his age, and no I'm not 140 yet.