Execute program problem

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Execute program problem

Post by Circe640 »

I am trying to use the execute program plugin to launch TMT3 passing a path to a bluray folder.

The program string is c:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\MMCEDT3.exe
and the argument is S:\S4DriveE\mybls\Transporter_3\BDMV

if I run from a command line as follows
C:> "c:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\MMCEDT3.exe" S:\S4DriveE\mybls\Transporter_3\BDMV

TMT3 launches and starts the Transporter_3 movie

But when I use the above in the execute program plugin TMT3 launches but does not start the movie. The total string works out to about 95 char.

The execute program has worked for TheaterTek for years but the program string for it does not have folder names with spaces.
Since TMT3 actually starts, I am assuming the spaces are not causing a problem so am I running out of character space on the internal call i.e. the argument is being truncated and TMT3 is not receiving a complete path ??
raptor_demon

Re: Execute program problem

Post by raptor_demon »

could you maybe do this with a bat file?

here is a tutorial on bat files if you have never used them before.

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ak621/DOS/BatBasic.html
Circe640
Advanced Member

Re: Execute program problem

Post by Circe640 »

I had considered that a possibility so I went ahead and tried it. It works. I have to believe that my initial assumption about exceeding a string length when HB concats the execute program with the program parameters to launch must be true.