Ocelot Secu 16i/Secu16 I/O states

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
rra

Ocelot Secu 16i/Secu16 I/O states

Post by rra »

After a few tries I still don't understand, how can I get Adicon Secu 16i input states from 8 to 15? The same is about secu16 relay states. The maximum input number I can set is 7...
This is the Ocelot protocol according to ADI manual.
Get Latched I/O
->Send 8 binary bytes: <200> <50> <0> <0> <0> <0> <0> <250>
<-Receive 3 byte header: <6> <0> <6>
<-Receive 256 bytes data: <unit 1 Data1> <unit 1 Data2> <unit 2 Data1> <unit 2 Data2> etc…
Data Explanation:
SECU 16, Type 11 Data1 = Latched Input Bits 0-7
Data2 = Latched Relay Bits 0-7
SECU 16I, Type 12 Data1 = Latched Input Bits 0-7
Data2 = Latched Input Bits 8-15
I think that Ocelot plugin just not reading the second byte of data. How can I correct this? Help me, please!
Deane Johnson

Re: Ocelot Secu 16i/Secu16 I/O states

Post by Deane Johnson »

As a person following this forum closely in preparation for going with HouseBot as my software, and using an Ocelot, I have to wonder why a question like this has gone unanswered, and will I experience the same problem getting help? I'm just wondering.
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

Over the years I had an excellent experience with Scott's support. Although he is busy in other things, he does his best to support users.
Members in the forums also contribute from their knowledge and experience.
I wouldn't be surprised if Scott contacted that person and solved his/her problem, but even if he didn't, that is not the general case.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I saw this initially, but had not had a chance to look into the details. I just took a look at the code, and it appears as though the plugin is only looking at the first byte of real-time data, so it's missing the upper input data.

If you can create a hardware interface trace of the Ocelot when receiving changes on the upper inputs, that would be helpful.
Scott