Zwave switches GetStatus not working

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
lostdreamer

Zwave switches GetStatus not working

Post by lostdreamer »

Hey Scott,

I found some strange behavior in some of my Z-Wave devices.
I recently bought 2 Duwi 05433 switches, and unlike my other zwave switches (from another brand) I cannot get these to associate with my controller (ZCU201)

When I associate them with another lightswitch they will turn on / off together when you switch them with the local buttons, but when I associate them with my controller (from within Housebot), the status wont update.

Because of this I tried the polling method, set it up with 10 seconds, and it seemed to work OK. But after a day or so, the status wont update anymore.
Also when I use the GetStatus property: It just hangs on YES without updating.

When I then change the node to something that doesnt exist (ie. 40) and ask Housebot to setup all missing Zwave devices, I get a new device for my light and with this device the polling and GetStatus will work.
When I change the node back to the original one, it still wont work (but with the newly created device it will work at this point)

Is there anything you can think of what could trigger this behavior (that the new device does do status updates, but the old one wont) or is there any way you can think of so I can get the 2 duwi switches associated with my controller?

Regards,
LostDreamer
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Zwave switches GetStatus not working

Post by ScottBot »

Nothing comes to mind, but the z-wave association stuff is a little tricky so there could be a bug in there somewhere. Have you restarted HouseBot since you did the configuration?
Scott
lostdreamer

Re: Zwave switches GetStatus not working

Post by lostdreamer »

Actually, I tried everything I can think of.... twice.

So far I have tried:
restarting HouseBot
reinstalling the Z-Wave dimmers in the network
Resetting my primary Zwave controller, reset all the zwave devices, setup the zwave network again from scratch, copy new network to secondary controller on PC and let HouseBot create new devices for my network (after ofcourse deleting the old devices from housebot)

I now went ahead and set up all of my zwave devices in housebot twice.
1 device would actually be controlled by housebot (by motion sensors etc) and polled for it's status every 30 seconds. The other copy of the device would sit back and do nothing.
After about an hour, 2 of my lamps werent responding to the status requests anymore ( GetStatus stayed on Yes), but when I used the GetStatus of it's copy that one would still work, so it isnt a hardware issue I think.

Also After a device fails to report it's status back, I wont see anything being send through the ZCU201 when I set GetStatus = Yes.

Since today I also get a lot of messages like:
Due to an error Device [KitchenLamp] Property [Power State] DID NOT change.
Even though the light DID go on, so now Housebot shows it is off, while the light is actually on...

This whole time, my ZTH200 has no problem with controlling any of the zwave devices.

LostDreamer