Windows Mobile 6 Installation

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
JoelWener

Windows Mobile 6 Installation

Post by JoelWener »

Hi,
I have installed the SW remote client on Windows Mobile 6.5, and it is working correctly so far, except, the installation package doesn't seem to be creating the shorcut in the start menu, and I have to manually start the application everytime from the installed directory. (3.30.2)
art

Re: Windows Mobile 6 Installation

Post by art »

Same problem here plus not being able to use a DNS address.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Yes, the installation for WinCE platforms is very lacking and could use improvement.
Scott
art

Post by art »

I was able to get it to show up on the Start Menu by putting a shortcut in MyDevice/Windows/Start Menu. Get the shortcut by holding down the stylus on the exectutable where ever it is hit copy. Then paste into MyDevice/Windows/Start Menu. You can rename the shortcut there if you want and it should show up on your Start Menu.
edgar

Post by edgar »

I have another post on Windows Mobile 6.X and was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue with a software remote:

Buttons clicks :
When using my HTC OZONE with win mobile 6.1.......on the software remote a click down...does not move only one button.....but flys over several buttons (with only one click on the right/left/down/up navigation button). Is anyone else experiencing this?

v/r

Kevin