Dealing with odd software remote problem

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Dealing with odd software remote problem

Post by Circe640 »

I just exported a configuration from my development enviroment to my production environment. I set my remote client software on the production machine to look at the new theme using the remote "Office". Everything works fine (production environment is W2K) I now set the remote client software on the development machine (Vista) to connect to the production machine using the same remote client "Office".

The panel loads and the static controls show but all of the dynamic data is missing and I am logging a whole series of errors
"Unable to find device ID [12] in device list"

I am running 3.30.02

If I point the dev machine remote client at the development machine it works fine with the same theme being loaded
If I point the dev machine remote client at the production machine it doesn't show any data
If I point the prod machine remote client at the production machine it works
IF I point the prod machine remote client at the dev machine I get the same problem on Device [131]

I finally tracked this issue down to the the fact that the theme is stored in user\'user name'\app data\swremote. IF the theme is the same on both machines it does not reload and uses the old theme which has a different device ID(s) in the theme since device ID's are never the same between instances.