Loading Pronto codes via XML

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Loading Pronto codes via XML

Post by Steve Horn »

This may not be a bug, but seems to me to be odd at the very least. I decompiled a pronto CCF file containing 7 devices (using the recommended program from remotecentral.com). The resulting XML file contains IR rawcode for the 7 devices as well as all the raw Pronto stuff. When I imported that file into HB to create the remote devices and their IR rawcodes, the import only established 3 of the remotes and in one of those, only a very small subset (1) of IR codes. The other 4 devices/remotes and IR codes are MIA. Has anyone else encountered this?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Loading Pronto codes via XML

Post by ScottBot »

I would have to look at the ccf to say for sure. It's possible that there are some newer CCF formats that HouseBot isn't recognizing correctly. Of course you can always just copy the pronto codes out of the XML file (since you have found them) and create the IR Code in HouseBot manually.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott, I'll email the ccf xml file to your support email address. If you want to try it out that's fine. Its not a big deal, as you say. Worst case scenario, I can relearn them using the original remotes.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

I looked at the CCF and found the reason. The import code will only recognize IR codes assigned to a button that have an action name of 'Learned'. I can't remember why I only take the learned codes, but that's the reason all of the codes are not getting imported. I won't have a fix for this any time soon, but I'll put it on the list and it should make it into a future release.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Cool; I'm relieved that it was anything stupid that I had done. I can work around the problem. Maybe even un-name the codes in the ccf or XML and do over. Thanks for looking at it.
Steve