Girder 5

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
incoronado

Re: Girder 5

Post by incoronado »

Unless I'm missing something here... I'm using girder 3.x. Every time the new griderbridgedevice.dll was called I was getting a "Run As" pop dialogue. I tried everything to fix this, and eventually realized the "Run As" problem was a trojan horse in the true metaphoric sense. In other words, not a virus. A quick search turned up this thread. After reading through this thread I determined in one of your earlier posts that this problem was related to the fact that girder 5.x required different parameters, or somehow handled that process differently than previous version of Girder. Based upon that information I back rev'd my girderbridgedevice.dll. Backreving this unequivocally solved the problem. It is entirely possible I completely misinterpreted this thread. The end result, however, is that backreving girderbridgedevice.dll solved the problem.
incoronado

Re: Girder 5

Post by incoronado »

This problem still exists. Every time I upgrade HB I have to backrev the girderbridgedevice.dll so the "run as" box doesn't come up every time a girder call is made. The new girderbridgedevice.dll does not work with girder 3.

Regarding your post
The new plugin support for Girder 5 should be backward compatible with earlier versions. The only trick to having it work with versions prior to 5 is to make sure that the Path To csevent.exe Property is empty and the Path To ieventc.exe Property must have the correct path.
Path To csevent.exe Property is empty
Path To ieventc.exe is C:\Program Files\Girder

girder is installed in C:\Program Files\Girder