Automatic restart of HouseBot upon crash

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
roussell
Advanced Member

Re: Automatic restart of HouseBot upon crash

Post by roussell »

Sorry about that - I was rushed when adding the event log piece and neglected to notice that I had used "WSHShell" earlier and then used "objWSHShell" when I typed the event log piece. Since "objWSHShell" is technically more correct; I changed the code in the original post to exclusively use "objWSHShell". However, Richard is absolutely correct with his fix if you just want to leave what you already have alone - it'll work fine.

Terry
sundodger

Post by sundodger »

i now have a line 50 char 5, the server rejected the rejected the sender address. the server response was 553 5.5.4 <housebot>domain name required for sender address.
i have edited the script to reflect the email address i want notified and also changed my outgoing mail server.
any pointers.i obviously need to learn how to weitr vbs. any online places you could recommend?
Mark....
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

That's coming from the "EmailFrom" variable and is ISP-specific. My ISP (Charter) will let me put anything in that field (When I get an email from the script - the sender simply reads 'HouseBot') Other ISPs may be more picky and require a correctly-formated email from their domain (HouseBot@your_isp.com). Still others may require that the senders address actually exist on their system, if that's the case then just use your email address from that ISP as the sender.

As for a vbscript reference, there's a thread about that very topic around here somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Hope this helps,
Terry
sundodger

Post by sundodger »

yep that fixed it. my isp are obviously fussy about things like that. :wink:
thanks All
Regards Mark