Property Manager: Display of property values

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Property Manager: Display of property values

Post by Steve Horn »

Seems like I ran across this before, although I don't recall reporting it. When in the Property Manager and adding values to a selected property, the rightmost list box that lists the allowable values of that property does not scroll to allow me to see what I've added. Only the first 14 values are shown and the vert scroll bar doesn't... scroll. The values being added are in the PropertyValues table and therefore can be used to apply to a control. But they don't appear in the list box. Am I missing something here.
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Property Manager: Display of property values

Post by Richard Naninck »

Maybe you are editing older properties that were created before the 3.0 release. A few releases ago, a protection bit was set to all existing properties to prevent system properties from being deleted. You could go into the database and set the protection value from 1 to 0. However Scott probably wants me to say that one should not touch the database 8)
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Richard. Thanks for the explanation. Yes the property I was adding values to is pre-3.0. I can live with the operation as-is, now that I know what's going on. I do venture into the database periodically, mostly to read and query/report but occasionally to clean out stuff that got orphaned there. I'm careful and backup beforehand.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The problem seems to be that if you are adding values to a stock/protected (non-deletable) Property, the list won't scroll. It will be fixed in the next update.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

That's exactly what it looks like is happening. I started to write that - or try to describe it - but deleted it because I wasn't able to describe it as well as you did. Thanks.
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

That qualifies as a small bug, but I didn't care much since I unprotected all of my own properties which were created before the protection change. Nice to get it fixed though..