Panel change with context

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Panel change with context

Post by Richard Naninck »

Whenever I open a Panel using a panel button with context, I cannot open another of the same panel with a different context. I would like to see the same panel re-open but with the different selected context. That would make it more intuitive.

Example:

Floorplan with multiple lights all controlled using the same pop panel, but with different context. Open the pop panel with context 'wall lights', do some button pressing and then I want to switch a floorlight using the same pop panel, but with different context. Whenever pressing the floorlight panel change button while the wall light panel is still open, nothing happens. I have to close the wall lights pop first and then open the floorlight pop panel.

Is it possible to create an option for auto closing a panel and re-opening it using the newly selected context?
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: Panel change with context

Post by Osler »

I second this request. It would be nice to be able to open a contexted panel from within that panel. Richard gives one example above. Another would be for a zoned music system. Have a panel open for Zone 1 and be able to jump to Zone 2 from within that panel that is already set to the context of Zone 1.

Osler