Playlist manager device problem

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
menesi

Playlist manager device problem

Post by menesi »

I have a Playlist Manager Device, which handle my m3u files. But I'm from Hungary, so the coding of my m3u files is Windows 1250, Central European. If the playlist file contain special hungarian character (eg. "é", "á", "ö", etc.) than these chars in the Play List property of Playlist Manager Device appears wrongly and Winamp Plugin can't play it. Playlists without special characters are working perfectly.
Scott, have you any solution for it?
Laszlo Menesi
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Playlist manager device problem

Post by ScottBot »

menesi wrote:Scott, have you any solution for it?
Nothing for you right now, but I'll put it on the list for the next release (hopefully).
Scott
menesi

Post by menesi »

ScottBot wrote:Nothing for you right now, but I'll put it on the list for the next release (hopefully).
Scott, thanks for the rapid action and I'm looking forward to it. Let's hope for the best...
Laszlo Menesi
menesi

Post by menesi »

Yesterday in HB version 3.20 change log I was reading: "Resolved issue with international characters in the Playlist Manager." What a perfect day, I believed it...

Today I upgraded my 3.02.01 version to 3.20, I tried it again.
The environment: My home server OS is Windows 2003 Server HUN, Standard Edition, SP2, HB version is 3.20. I've tested it with a very simple m3u file, only two lines in it:

Code: Select all

E:\Public\Zenék\Katie Melua\Pictures (2007)\01 - Mary Pickford.mp3
E:\Public\Zenék\Katie Melua\Pictures (2007)\02 - It's All In My Head.mp3
The encoding of m3u is Windows 1250 Central European, but I tried it with Unicode UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-2, etc.

Unfortunately the problem is the same: in Playlist Manager device, in Play List property the special national character (in this example: "é", "E9" in hexa) is unreadable (likewise that the CR-LF at the end of rows). Not only for me, but for HB too... So Winamp device can't play it. The other interesting thing that with this 2-lines m3u file the Playlist Track Count property is 4...

Scott, do you have any idea?
Laszlo Menesi
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I apparently fixed something... I think it may have just been in the Music Library code and not actually the playlist manager device.

Anyway, the playlist manager code was definitely rooted in parsing ASCII playlists. So I took a quick stab at rewriting it to be more flexible to other code pages.

Download, unzip, and copy this dll into your \HouseBot\Plugins\Devices directory (backup the old WinAmp device first). Note that the playlist manager device is bundled in the WinAmp Device DLL.

Let me know how that works for you.
Scott
menesi

Post by menesi »

Scott,, I'm totally fascinated by this rapid solution... Perfect support for an excellent software.

I downloaded, unzipped and copied the dll to the specified library, restarted HB and everything is ok... In Playlist Manager device the Play List and the Playlist Track Count is ok, and the Winamp plugin can play it. Thanks.

Just another question yet. When I change the Playlist File Name property in Playlist Manager, the Play List Song Number property in Winamp device don't set to 0 automatically. Is that the correct working?

And yet again: thanks a lot...
Laszlo Menesi