VBScript book recommendations

Share your scripts written for the Script Device in this forum.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

VBScript book recommendations

Post by Steve Horn »

Ok, I want to learn more about VBScript. Someone recommend a book that is somewhere between a '... For Dummies' book and something Microsoft would publish. I've had some experience with VBA in my former life, but would like to know more about VBS as it can be applied to Housebot (i.e. I don't need to know how to use it to do web page work.)
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

A colleague of mine owns a good readable book. I mailed him to ask which language it is in and what the title is. If I get it, I will EDIT this post.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Richard, thanks. Maybe others will be interested too. I went to Amazon books expecting to find no or very few books. Not so. All manner of books on all variations of VB, VBScript, etc. I figured someone here might have some experience with a book and have a recommendation.
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

VBscript Programmer's Reference, written by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes, Kathie Kingsley-Hughes and Daniel Reed, published by WROX (http://www.wrox.com)

Not sure what the availability is. Good luck!
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Thanks "HouseBot Guru". Will hunt for it tonight.
Steve
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

**Local Alabama Reference Follows***

Hey Steve, I just noticed that Barnes and Noble at the Summit has this in stock.

I'll wait for you to get one so I don't grab the last copy - since you asked first and everything... :wink:

Terry
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Good Lord, you bring back mixed memories for me. I lived in Mount Brook when that place opened up....PF Changs was all the rage!

Osler
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Osler, PF still packs 'em in. The Summit has grown a bit since I suspect you've seen it last. Two or three more phases added. The whole freakin' hillside is covered with stores now. I watched them bulldoze that mountain and all the trees from my office in Cubeville when they first built it. Swore I'd never shop there. Now Roussell's got me goin' there to buy a book!
Steve
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Hehe...sounds about right. Is 5 points still the place to bar hop?

I digress...I think this thread is getting way off topic. :)

Osler
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

A little bit. 5 points 'mill' was renamed to 5 points 'grill' and a few of the clubs closed down. The new places to party (so I hear) are in the "Lake View disctrict" several blocks down. Just down the street from St. Vincint's hospital...

BTW Steve, don't feel bad, I try to stay away from the Mega Malls too, unless it's a trip to B&N or the Apple store, or to retrieve my wife...

Yep way off topic now. Please post back a review on the book if you don't mind. As I mentioned, I may pick one up as well if it seems worthwhile.

Terry
Symon

Post by Symon »

...in the UK you can find it at http://www.countrybookshop.co.uk
Hope to get a copy soon to help with my new installation of Housebot so will report back if I can make sense of it lol
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Ordered from Amazon. $26.39 as I recall, no tax, and free shipping. And no trip to Bham's Summit to pay 10% sales tax.
Steve