Hide Remote ?

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
CouchPotatoe

Hide Remote ?

Post by CouchPotatoe »

Is there a way to hide a specific remote screen using a property value ?

I'm trying to superimpose a HB remote over the top of an existing application but only at certain times. I can create a property in HB to say when this should happen. I'd then like the remote to just appear or hide. Minimising may be acceptable though it's not ideal due to the slight animation it adds.

I suppose there could be other properties that could be useful here - for example to set the x,y or even to to move the remote to a specific page before display. The latter may already be possible I guess ?

Kevin
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

http://www.cebotics.com/phpbb2/viewtopi ... meedio+cut

See the last post as this may help you out.

Osler
CouchPotatoe

Post by CouchPotatoe »

Thanks, that's useful for some of what I want to do but when the underlying application shows a different screen I need to remove the HouseBot overlay totally, and in other screens I would like to change the particular screen the HB overlay is displaying..

K
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

You could always keep the remote completely up but displaying a full screen transparent. Not sure how minimizing and restoring the remote adds a slight animation, but working with a full transparent panel alternated by only partial transparent panels would do the job. A script triggered on a property could work the swremote using OpenRemotePanel and CloseRemotePanel as well as MinimizeRemote and RestoreRemote.

My CallerID works in the same way. It sets the phone panel and all of the info needed to display, pips the plasma and then a RestoreRemote is done so the correct panel maixizes in the PIP displaying the CID info.