THC Jukebox - Keyboard script

Share your scripts written for the Script Device in this forum.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

THC Jukebox - Keyboard script

Post by Steve Horn »

Incoronado, should the keyboard script be running all the time, like the Jukebox script? I cannot get mine to manually start, so the keyboard panel opens but there is no way to close it (with the ESC key) since the script is not running. And I don't see anything that starts it. (I'm just now getting to the playlist options in THC. I need to "shrink" the keyboard so it will fit in 800x600. )
Steve
incoronado

Post by incoronado »

No. I use a task that triggers the keyboard script on Keyboard.Keyboard Key Not Equal to '#$R' (or some value it will never be). The keyboard panel is designed so the Enter key should close the panel. At this point the Keyboard buffer will contain whatever you typed previous the selecting the enter key (or closing the panel.) The THC Jukebox.hbx contains an example with a working keyboard.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Got it working. Spent more time "shrinking" the keyboard down to 800x600 than getting it to work afterward.
thx!
Steve
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Any chance you could post it? I've been messing around with squishing the main page, but I haven't tackled the kybard.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Attached is a zip file containing the elements of my shrunken (to 800x600) keyboard for Incoronado's terrific THC Jukebox. Basically, it includes the background and the various sized keys needed to fill it out. Placement goes fairly fast but tediously. Don't forget the labels (unchanged from the large version). I copied and placed those from the large to the small background then shrunk their width.
I can upload my smaller (800x600) main page but its likely you'll want to customize your own to add/remove elements to fit the smaller real estate.
Attachments
keyboard_800x600.zip
800x600 keyboard elements for THC Jukebox
(92.39 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Steve
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm sure we're making different tradeoffs on the main page- for instance, I split the playlist load/save stuff off to a popup, and made a sort of radio button selector to pick letters for sorting. When I get it done, I'll put up the resources and page.

Markd
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Most of my main page was left intact except for the album cover art. I moved that to another page that opens 1 minute after the play button is pushed. That page also has volume up/down, mute, and progress bar. Another page I added includes EQ sliders, volume and mute. I also scrunched down the list boxes on the main page and reduced the font sizes.
Steve
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Hi Steve-

I'm ready for the keyboard now. . . any chance you could do an export on the theme? That way I won't have to re-place all the keys. .. ?

thanks

Markd
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

markd,
Below is a one panel theme import file that should contain the 800x600 keyboard background, key image files, and a keyboard device. The file is zipped; you'll need to extract it to create an hbx first. This is my first export so I'm not guaranteeing success. Let me know if you encounter problems.
Attachments
keyboard_small.zip
(97 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
Steve
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Came in very nicely- thank you!

Markd