housebot running but it not working

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
harlock

housebot running but it not working

Post by harlock »

hello everyone i have a little problem with the housebot

sometimes the program runs but it does not working
I can change the property of the device but the change are not taken into account
it is as if all threads devices had been concealed and that it could not recreate some

and as the program not really crashe I do not have a file dump
thank you in advance for your answers
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

harlock,

Are you seeing this with just one Device, or multiple Devices? Which Device(s) are you seeing it in?
Scott
harlock

Post by harlock »

all device stop to working

and i must quit the housebot and kill the process in the Process Explorer because the process housebot.exe still running in spite of i closed the house bot
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

harlock wrote:all device stop to working
Even the System Time Device?

Maybe it's just all of the devices using a single hardware interface. Can you find any thing that these devices have in common?
Scott
harlock

Post by harlock »

sorry to answer you so late i was very busy
the system time still working
i also see i can navigate in the interface but fonctions of interface which are connected with the properties of the housebot are not working
i would like to know if the creation of pluggin with the sdk can create this kind of problems.
thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

harlock wrote:i would like to know if the creation of pluggin with the sdk can create this kind of problems.
thanks
Definitely, and it would be a good place to start looking. Try disabling or removing the plugin and see if the system works correctly.
Scott
harlock

Post by harlock »

i didn't understand why the housebot don t crash
if there are error in the code the housebot must crash and create a dump file but in this case the housebot stop to working but don't crash and i don't understand why
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

harlock wrote:i didn't understand why the housebot don t crash
if there are error in the code the housebot must crash and create a dump file but in this case the housebot stop to working but don't crash and i don't understand why
It's hard to say. There are any number of problems that would create it to block execution in some way, but not crash the program (and create a dump file).
Scott
harlock

Post by harlock »

have you an example of the problems that can block the execution
thanks