Yahoo Weather Feed

Share your scripts written for the Script Device in this forum.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Yahoo Weather Feed

Post by Osler »

Thanks to bryan's interest, I have updated my weather script...this time actually parsing the xml instead of the text. I have included a .hbx file to facilitate adding it to HouseBot. Simply choose File->Import Configuration and select the .hbx file. This will create the device as well as the required properties and place the script file in the Scripts folder. The zip file also includes the .vbs file as well as a folder with weather images for creating dynamic weather images on a software remote. Additional details are given when running the .hbx file on HouseBot restart.

bryan, you will want to download this script as it fixes a bug in the CWWindChill property in the original script I sent you.

http://home.tx.rr.com/crazyrantings/Hou ... Device.zip

Osler
bryan

Nice Script

Post by bryan »

Thanks Osler. Really works well. I had run into and corrected the WindChill problem.

I wish Yahoo would add a few more days to their RSS forecast feed, but it's still cool.
shannonmcmurtrey

GIFs in Software Remotes

Post by shannonmcmurtrey »

Osler,
I noticed your script specifically addresses the .gifs for the forecasts (as opposed to bmp or png files). Is there a trick to using gifs in software remotes? My SW remote isn't liking the gif files.
Shannon McMurtrey
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

I use another set of weather icons that I will upload this evening. They are in .png format and look better than the standard yahoo once.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Sorry...finally got around to this. Find the new images here:

http://home.tx.rr.com/crazyrantings/Hou ... Images.zip

Osler
shannonmcmurtrey

Thank you!

Post by shannonmcmurtrey »

Thank you Osler for your work on the script and for taking the time to upload the images.

Very much appreciated.

Shannon
Shannon McMurtrey