Winamp Playlists Problem

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Winamp Playlists Problem

Post by Circe640 »

I have been working with Mark to setup MediaPro the way he would like to use it and have run into a problem with doing substitution to Winamp playlists. In troubleshooting, I created a playlist manually in Winamp playlist 1. If I set the current active playlist to playlist 1 and then set the A/v Status to playing, everything works ok.

Now I set up a similar playlist by manual entry into a playlist property in MediaPro. I creat a task to copy the playlist to Winamp Play List 2 and execute the task manually. When I do so, I can see the playlist in winamp playlist 2 and everything looks good.

Now I change the active playlist to Play List 2 and then stop and play using A/V status. Winamp gets the first song as %%MediaPro

Ok now to double test

Created a playlist manually in Winamp Play List 4

Created a task to change Winamp.Play List 3 to %%Winamp.Play List 4%%

Run task and Playlist 3 looks good

Change active playlist to play list 3 and stop and play A/v status

Winamp gets first song as %%Winamp and does not play anything

Scott was this fixed in the latest version ???
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The problem is that property value substitution really only works for AlphaNumeric types and not for AlphaLists.

The substitution did work in the UI which gives the impression that the task actually changed the property to the correct value. However, under the covers it is really just the literal substitution string.

It stinks... I know. It's on the list for V3 to make substitution work for all/more types.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Okay, Now that I know the problem I can work around it. It means building a queing function in the plugin for the songplayer functions so that the list of songs is held internally and queued out to Winamp song by song. I really wanted to figure out how to do dynamic queing in VB6 -:)
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You may also want to look into using the Playlist Manager Device and just update the file (or change the playlist file name) as a way to dynamically manage the playlist in WinAmp.
Scott