Scripts I have....

Share your scripts written for the Script Device in this forum.
Timoh
Advanced Member

Scripts I have....

Post by Timoh »

So not a lot of scripts yet... But I have some small (and not so small) useful ones. I would need to clean up some code a bit and add more comments of I were going to post. So if there is enough interest, I will do that and actually post the scripts. But seeing as how we are in the middle of a glorious Montreal summer, it might take a while!

The Weather Network Script... Just a screen scraper for The Weather Network up here in Canada. Gives you current, short tem and long term weather. Should work for all locations in Canada, but have not tested it thoroughly.

Linksys Internet IP Script... Get you internet IP from the a linksys router. This script will also ftp the IP out to the internet so I can find my home all the time without having to use something like DynDNS. Could be modified to send an email/SMS instead.

Traffic Cam Script... Nothing fancy. Grabs the Transports Québec traffic cam pictures from the web and puts them in HB.

Caddx Alarm Panel Script... In development. Currently shows... Ready, Armed, Stay Mode, Previous Alarm, and if my first eight zones are faulted/tripped or not. I will be expanding this to support 24 zones, arm/disarm from HB (with or without code), get zone names, Chime on/off, aux relay activation, send text to the keypad, plus maybe a few others. Feel free to make sugestions. Targetting all features for the fall.

Tim

Post by Guest »

Salut Timoh!

As a fellow Montrealer I concur with you on "glorious Montreal summer"!

I'm currently preparing a simple RSS Reader. I have it retrieving the top 5 news stories from http://rss.cbc.ca/montrealnews.xml" but it should work for other sources as well (BBC, CNN, etc). I'm also tweaking it to get a brief weather report from Yahoo's RSS feed.

Looking forward to trying your scripts!
Taras
redbeard

Post by redbeard »

Where do we find these and any other scripts? I don't see any on the board nor in the downloads section...
- rb
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

redbeard wrote:Where do we find these and any other scripts? I don't see any on the board nor in the downloads section...
This thread does not have any. Others in this section of the forum do. They are attached to the posts. You need to be signed in to 'see' them.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Spike5884 is correct... I haven't posted the scripts yet, so this thread doesn't contain any. Ironically though I was just thinking about getting off my lazy butt and cleaning them up, adding a few comments and posting them.

The weather one is OK, but I have found a small bug which I haven't had time to fix yet. The traffic and IP are really really simple, so maybe by the end of the week, 3 out of 4 will be posted.

The Caddx script I haven't worked on in a while and won't probably be ready until the fall.

Tim