VB SDK 2.00 and HouseBot V2.32

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
HB Guy

VB SDK 2.00 and HouseBot V2.32

Post by HB Guy »

Does the VB SDK (V2.00 ) function correctly with HouseBot V2.32?

I used it to create the "VB Sample Device" (included with the VB SDK) and, on first glance, it works properly. It is a fairly simple device and perhaps more complex devices will fail in HB V2.32. Or will they?

Does anyone have experience with HouseBot V2.32 and Software Devices created with the VB SDK?
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

IF you are referring to the old VB SDK for HouseBot. Yes I have quite a bit of experience with it and it should work fine with 2.32 as a complex plugin I have been working on was tested for me by another person running 2.32 without any version related problems
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

Where could one find the VB SDK? At this point to me it seems more like a mythical creature than actual tool I could use. :wink:

From what I understand, the person who originally developed it, pulled it from the list when Meedio acquired HB. Has that person re-released it, or are you guys still using a copy you downloaded way back then?

Thanks,
Terry
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

I have the SDK from way back. I have been working on a media plugin and the original developer of the SDK has given me permission to bundle the runtime dll as part of the plugin install. It originally was available as freeware when Scott was making HouseBot available as freeware. When Meedio bought HouseBot and started charging for it, he did not want them to profit from his work and withdrew the VB SDK from distribution. I believe Scott did the last updates to it prior to its disappearance and I know Scott hasn't looked at the code for several years. It does not have all the functionality of the C+ SDK but with a little creativity, it is amazing what can be done with it. Very shortly, I hope to be able to demonstrate some of this.