Bug or Beast - transparent panels

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Bug or Beast - transparent panels

Post by Steve Horn »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request... or just cockpit trouble here. I tried to create a transparent panel, so that only the controls would appear. The intent was to overlay this panel on top of the CDJ window, so that you could navigate and view CDJ as well adjust volume, etc. When I did it though, only the outer frame of the panel appeared (which is ok) but the controls were also unseen, either transparent or not even there (not ok). Is this expected behavior?

Steve
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

I'm not exactly sure how you have the transparencies setup on your Panel and where your buttons are positioned to say exactly what the issue is.

However, to do what you are trying to do, you will need to create a Panel that uses a transparent color ONLY where you want the CDJ controls to show through. If you put a button (or any control) on the transparent color/area on the Panel, it will be transparent too (so transparent that it will not be shown). Place your buttons on non-transparent areas of the Panel. The areas may be islands exactly the same size as the buttons that are on top of them.

FYI, the CDJ SlinkE support is just around the corner.

Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

If you are interested, I have just updated the web site with a new Slink-e Plugin that supports CDJ. It can control and monitor the application.

Be sure to read the on-line help for instructions on how to setup the CDJ Device configuration.

Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott, on the transparent panels vs. the controls, that's why suspected was happening: the transparency was being applied (although I don't understand why) to the controls as well as the panel itself. Plan B was to use a small non-transparent panel and just drag it out of the way when I needed to get to the CDJ GUI. However, I'll wait on that until I check out the SlinkE CDJ support you posted. That sounds really promising.

Steve
Steve