Problem with replicated device

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Problem with replicated device

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I've just created my first real replicated device. It works great except that if I stop and restart the HouseBot server on the source PC the connection doesn't successfully reconnect (I was testing to make sure this is pretty robust).

On the source server I get this message in the Error Log:

Code: Select all

Unable to find Device [[Matching Description of Remote Device to Mirror]] for replication
And on the server with the replicated device I get this error:

connect() failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
followed by this error:

Unable to Replicate device with description [VPL-VW100] because the device does not exist on the remote Meedio HouseBot server.
If I go to the replicated device and toggle the "Connection Enabled" property (set it to "No", then immediately set it to "Yes") I get this message in the error log:

The Replicator Device [*rÐö		 		 î	@ö	ðù] has [2] pending Change Request that are lost due to the device being disabled.
but then everything works correctly again. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? I tried looking directly in the database but I couldn't find any clues about how replication works.

-- Dave