Security/HA Controller Systems

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.

What is the best controller on the market?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:17 pm

ELK M1
No votes
HAI
100%
JDS
No votes

Total votes: 1

BotAll

Security/HA Controller Systems

Post by BotAll »

I understand there are a few people working on the HD devices for some of the more popular controllers out there. I'm going to be purchasing a security/controller system in the near future and I was wondering what people recommend and if anyone is currently working towards developing a device plug-in..

- CaddX NetworkX

- ELK M1

- HAI

- JDS

I'm also wondering if using the GC-100 as a bridge would make it easier to hook these system into HB??

Thanks!
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I have a working HouseBot plugin for the HAI controllers. See this post for details.

-- Dave
BotAll

Post by BotAll »

Thanks Dave for the FYI, I'll drop you a line if I end up getting HAI. I'll be making the decison in the next month or so. HAI is one of the better systems, I just hope it won't take be to long to figure out how to wire the entire system myself (fingers crossed)...

How long have you had your HAI controller for anyways?
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I have been using HAI controllers for as long as HAI has been in business. I bought a 1503 for a house I had built in 1985. In my current house I put in an OmniPro when I built it. When the OmniPro II was released I upgraded to that. The HAI controller is the most reliable piece of electronic equipment I've had (and I have a TON of AV, home automation and computer equipment!).

-- Dave

[/code]
ver0776

Look at Phidgets

Post by ver0776 »

No I don't work for Phidgets =) But with their USB Interface kits, you can have a lot of the functionality of a controller without locking into any of them.

I have a full custom HA app I wrote and I chose to start with Phidgets. I will get an Ocelot at somepoint to to write for it, but so far I have no need.

Vaughn